Land O’Frost, Inc.
Land O’Frost “French Bistro Experience” Sweepstakes
Official Sweepstakes Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning a prize.
- Eligibility: Participation open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry, except employees of Land O’Frost, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, individuals engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials for this Sweepstakes, their immediate family members and persons living in the same households of each (whether related or not) are not eligible to participate. Void where prohibited by law.
- Promotion Description: The Land O’Frost “French Bistro Experience” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) sponsored by Land O’Frost, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) begins at 12:00:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 28, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (ET) on October 31, 2018 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). During the Sweepstakes Period, eligible entrants may register for the Sweepstakes drawing via the Land O’Frost website, the Land O’Frost Facebook Page on the Facebook platform, or via mail-in entry for a chance to win one of the sixty-six (66) available prizes, as further described below. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “Day” is defined as a 24-hour period beginning at 12:00:00 AM (ET) and ending at 11:59:59 PM (ET).
- How To Enter: There are two (2) ways to enter the promotion during the Sweepstakes Period:
A) Online / Facebook Photo Entry: During the Sweepstakes Period, visit either the Land O’Frost website – www.landofrost.com/France (“Website”) or the Land O’Frost Facebook platform www.facebook.com/LandOFrost (“Land O’Frost Facebook Page”). At Website or Land O’Frost Facebook Page, follow the links to be redirected to the Sweepstakes registration page. On the Sweepstakes registration page complete the registration form in its entirety and follow the on-screen instructions to upload photo of a sandwich or other food item that you have created using at least one (1) Land O’Frost Bistro Favorites 100% Natural product (the “Photo”) to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
B) Mail-In Entry: To enter by mail without making a purchase of Sponsor’s product and posting a Photo, legibly hand-print your name, complete mailing address, phone number, date of birth, and email address (if available), on a 3” x 5” piece of paper, insert the paper into a stamped #10 envelope and mail it to “Land O’Frost French Bistro Experience Entry” PO Box 11508, Bozeman, MT 59719-1508, postmarked by October 31, 2018 and received by November 7, 2018. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, damaged or postage-due entries. Limit one (1) entry per Day over the course of the Sweepstakes Period per person, Facebook account, email address or account, regardless of means of entry. If it is discovered that a participant has attempted to enter with multiple e-mail addresses, Facebook accounts and/or under multiple identities, or uses any other method or device to enter multiple times per Day, such participant will be disqualified and all entries associated with such participant will be considered void. Becoming a Facebook user is free, but is subject to the acceptance of the terms and conditions of use of www.facebook.com. Direct any questions, comments, or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes to Sponsor, not Facebook.
- Photo Requirements for Photo Entries: Any Photo submitted for this Sweepstakes that, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, is considered inappropriate, offensive or not in keeping with the Sponsor’s image will be disqualified. Sponsor may disqualify such entry at any point during or after the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor may disqualify an entry if it includes any image or content which, in Sponsor’s opinion, is unsuitable for publication in connection with this Sweepstakes. Additionally, any image posted by a Sweepstakes entrant must comply with the following guidelines:
- Photo submission must be an entirely original creation of the entrant.
- The photo must depict a sandwich or other food item that the entrant has created using at least one (1) Land O’Frost Bistro Favorites 100% Natural product.
- Photo must NOT include images of entrant or third parties/people, who have not expressly authorized entrant to display their image or likeness.
- Photo must NOT include artwork, other photos/images, or trademarks (except as may be visible on Land O’Frost packaging).
- Photo must NOT contain material which is (or promote activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent (e.g., relating to murder, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, natural origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, or harassing or which is otherwise inappropriate in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, nor may image contain any derogatory references to Sponsor or any other person or entity.
- Image must not contain or transmit any materials that contain software viruses or other computer code, files or programs designed to impair, limit, interfere with or cause harm to any communications network operated by the Sponsor or the computers of any individual or entity participating in or otherwise associated with the Sweepstakes.
Ø Photo may not have been submitted for any other sweepstakes or promotion.
- Grant of Rights: By submitting a photo and entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant hereby irrevocably grants, transfers, sells, assigns and conveys to the Sponsor all present and future right, title and interest of every kind and nature whatsoever, including, without limitation, all copyrights, and all rights incidental, subsidiary, ancillary or allied thereto (including, without limitation, all derivative rights) in and to the images depicted in the photo for exploitation throughout the universe, in perpetuity, by means of any and all media and devices whether now known or hereafter devised without consideration or attribution to entrant, or review or approval by entrant, and without compensation of any kind or additional notice to entrant.
By creating and submitting a photo for entry into the Sweepstakes, each entrant acknowledges and agrees that entrant will not now or in the future be paid or compensated in any way for his/her entry or for granting the Sponsor any of the rights set out in these Official Rules. Entrant further acknowledges that Sponsor is not obligated to make use of any of the rights granted in these Official Rules.
Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, composite, morph, scan, duplicate, or alter the photo submission for any purpose which Sponsor deems necessary or desirable, and each entrant waives any and all so-called moral rights they may have therein. Each entrant hereby acknowledges that such entrant does not reserve any rights in or to the photo submission or image.
- Representations and Warranties: Each entrant in this Sweepstakes who submits a Photo as part of the entry process represents and warrants as follows: (i) entrant has read, understands and will follow the Official Rules for this Sweepstakes; (ii) entrant’s entry complies with these Official Rules; (iii) the Photo is the entrant’s own original, previously unpublished work; (iv) entrant owns all rights to the Photo, including, without limitation, copyrights; (v) the Photo does not contain any computer virus, or is otherwise uncorrupted, and is wholly original with entrant; (vi) as of the date of submission, the Photo is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim, which adversely affects or in any way prejudices, impairs or diminishes the rights granted hereunder or the value thereof; (vii) the Photo does not and will not violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity and Sponsor’s use thereof will not result in any third party obligations or liability to a third party; and (viii) the Photo does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be defamatory or libelous. Each entrant (regardless of means of entry) hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and related entities or agents from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all claims, damages (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), injuries, death, liabilities, losses, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of entrant’s warranties, representations or agreements herein, violation of these Official Rules or the Website Terms and Conditions, the Photo, or entrant’s conduct in creating the Photo or submitting an entry or otherwise in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entrant waives any right to inspect or approve uses of the Photo or to be compensated for any such uses.
- Random Sweepstakes Drawing / Prizes / Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”) / Odds: On or about November 8, 2018, a random Sweepstakes drawing will be conducted by an independent sweepstakes administrator from among all valid, eligible entries received over the course of the Sweepstakes Period. All decisions of Sponsor and/or administrator shall be final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning a prize depends upon the total number of eligible entries received over the course of the Sweepstakes Period. One (1) Grand Prize: National Geographic Journeys with G Adventures Paris and Normandy Highlights trip for up to two (2) persons – one of whom must be the Grand Prize winner. Grand Prize trip must be taken on dates specified by the Sponsor and G Adventures, provided that a minimum of 4 paying passengers are travelling on such departure – and must be taken by September 30, 2019 - or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. The prize must be booked by January 1, 2019. The Grand Prize winner must contact G Adventures directly by phone and/or email to book their prize and G Adventures must agree to the chosen departure dates. The prize may be substituted for a prize of comparable value by G Adventures in its sole discretion. Grand Prize package consists exclusively of: roundtrip (“R/T”) coach air transportation for Grand Prize winner and one (1) travel companion between major gateway airport nearest winner’s residence (as selected at the sole discretion of Sponsor) and Paris, France; eight (8) day, seven (7) night National Geographic Paris & Normandy Highlights Tour for up to two (2) people. Included in the National Geographic Tour are: seven (7) night hotel accommodations (double occupancy); seven (7) breakfasts and one (1) dinner for two (2) people; ground transportation to/from various historic and cultural sites in Paris / Normandy area; admission for two (2) to Monet Gardens; excursion for two (2) to Mont-Saint-Michel; and Paris orientation walking tour for two (2); ARV of the Grand Prize is: $7,600. All other prize expenses not specified herein shall be the sole responsibility of the prizewinner including, without limitation, transportation to and from the departure locations; any optional activities that are not listed in the itinerary, taxes, fuel surcharges, alcoholic beverages, meals (other than those noted herein), delivery, processing and handling fees, gratuities, optional or additional services such as any airfare not expressly included in the itinerary, transfers, pre/post tour accommodations, “My Own Room”; insurance, amendments and all incidentals, and transportation not expressly included in the itinerary and/or personal purchases. Prize is subject to the winner agreeing to National Geographic with G Adventures’ booking terms and conditions, found here: http://www.nationalgeographicexpeditions.com/information/terms/journeys. Passport, visa, and vaccination procurement and costs are the sole responsibility of the winner and his/her guests. Winner and guest are solely responsible for ensuring they have medical insurance in an amount no less than USD$200,000 covering medical, evacuation, and repatriation while travelling which is a mandatory requirement for participation on all National Geographic Journeys with G Adventures trips as set out in booking terms & conditions. Grand Prize winner will receive a 1099 tax form for the ARV of the prize.
The Grand Prize winner’s travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older, or if a travel companion is considered a minor in his/her legal jurisdiction of residency, the winner must be such companion's parent or legal guardian. Minimum age for inclusion in the Grand Prize trip is twelve (12) years of age. The Grand Prize winner and his or her travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary and possess all required travel documents – including a valid passport - prior to awarding of prize. Sponsor reserves the right to structure the travel route and select hotels in its sole discretion. ARV for travel prize may vary depending upon point of departure and destination and fare fluctuations. Grand Prize winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the Grand Prize ARV in these Official Rules. In the event any scheduled Grand Prize event and/or any other component of the prize is cancelled, delayed, or postponed for any reason outside the control of the Sponsor, Sponsor will have no further obligation, other than to award the remainder of the prize. In the event Grand Prize winner and/or his or her travel companion engage in behavior that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send Grand Prize winner and/or his or her travel companion home with no further compensation.
The prizewinner must comply with all hotel check-in requirements, including but not limited to the presentation of a major credit card. Several travel date options will be available for the prizewinner to choose from as long as there is a minimum of 4 other paying passengers travelling on that departure. Travel must be completed by September 30, 2019. If the potential prizewinner does not book and provide proof of booking to Sponsor by January 1, 2019, then such potential prizewinner shall forfeit the prize in its entity and an alternate prizewinner may be selected from the remaining eligible entries received. The prize winner’s travel companion must be of the age of majority in his or her country of residence. The ARV for travel prizes is an estimate made before the Sweepstakes begins. The prize winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the estimate made in these Official Rules. No interest will be awarded on cash prizes. Room taxes and other hotel fees are not included and if applicable may be payable at the time of check-out by the winner/guest.
The dates of departure and return are subject to change at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Airfare may not include government taxes, Passenger Facility Charge or September 11th Security Fee. Other travel restrictions and blackout dates may apply. All airline tickets are subject to the vagaries of flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Sponsor reserves the right to structure travel routes and select hotels in its sole discretion. Room taxes and other hotel fees are not included and if applicable may be payable at the time of check-out by the winner/guest. Any hotel cancellations or changes to hotel reservations after confirmation must be made with the hotel directly, and the Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for any charges and/or fees arising from changes made directly with the hotel. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and the Grand Prize described above maybe subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the “Prize Claim Documents” (as defined below) and/or other travel documents.
Forty (40) Le Creuset Dutch Oven Prizes: Each Le Creuset Dutch Over prize consists exclusively of one (1) 3 ½ quart Le Creuset Dutch Oven. Color selected by Sponsor. ARV of each prize is $285. Twenty-Five (25) Cuisinart Small Appliance Prizes: Each Cuisinart Small Appliance prize consists exclusively of one (1) Cuisinart small appliance selected by Sponsor. Retail value of Cuisinart Small Appliance Prizes range from $70 to $200 depending on Cuisinart Small appliance awarded. ARV average of each prize is $135. Limit one (1) prize per person, Facebook account, email address or account in the Sweepstakes. ARV of all available prizes is $22,375.00.
- Potential Winner Notification: Potential prize winners will be notified by email and/or phone call within five (5) days of the random drawing. The Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to sign an Affidavit of Eligibility/Release of Liability/Publicity and Advertising Consent and Release (“Prize Claim Documents”) (except where prohibited by law) and such other documents reasonably required by Sponsor as part of the prize claim process. All such documents must be signed, notarized and returned within ten (10) days of notification or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected as provided for in these Official Rules. The Grand Prize winner’s travel companion (if under 18, their parent or legal guardian) will be required to complete, execute and return a Travel Companion Liability Release within this same ten (10) day deadline. All other prize winners will be shipped their prize using the mailing address provided upon Sweepstakes registration. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. In the event that any potential prize winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond within seventy-two (72) hours of the first notification attempt, or if the prize or prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, such potential winner will forfeit his or her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to three (3) potential winners of a prize in accordance with the above procedure, after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed. Return of any prize notification or prize mailing as undeliverable for any reason will result in disqualification. Allow 6-8 weeks for prize delivery.
- Conditions of Participation & Certain Restrictions: Prize winners must agree to certain terms and conditions related to eligibility, release of liability, and Sponsor’s use of winner's name and/or likeness for publicity, advertising and promotional purposes, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) as part of the prize claim process. Noncompliance may result in disqualification and forfeiture of prize. Once a prize has been delivered to the winner’s residence via delivery-confirmed mail or courier, the prize is considered “awarded.” All federal, state and local taxes on any prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. No cash equivalents, prize substitutions or transfer of prize permitted except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that an offered prize is unavailable. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor to use winner's name and/or likeness for purposes of advertising and promotion without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. All entries become the property of Land O’Frost, Inc. and will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering, entrants acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including all eligibility requirements. By participating, entrants agree to release Land O’Frost, Inc., Facebook, and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, wholesalers, retailers or distributors or advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives (collectively, “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, demands, losses and liabilities of any nature whatsoever, which entrant may now or hereafter be entitled to assert, including but not limited to, any death, injury, loss of enjoyment, damage to computer equipment, or other harm or loss of any nature whatsoever caused or contributed to by participation in the Sweepstakes, any of the prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes and/or in connection with the awarding, receipt and use or misuse of prize, and/or claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Winners acknowledge that neither Sponsor nor its agents have made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize, if any, are subject to the manufacturers’ terms therefore and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee. By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or in administration of the Sweepstakes.
- Internet: Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, or illegible entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and to award the available prizes via a random drawing from among all valid eligible non-suspect entries received up to the point of the action taken by the Sponsor provided a sufficient number of entries have been received. Caution: Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law.
- Confidentiality: For information about how the Sponsor uses your personal information, please see its privacy statement, located at http://www.landofrost.com/about/privacy.html.
- Winner’s List: To receive name and city / state of residence of winners, mail a stamped, self-addressed envelope accompanied with a signed, hand-printed request to “Land O’Frost / French Bistro Experience Winner’s List”, PO Box 11508, Bozeman, MT 59719-1508. All requests must be received by December 31, 2018.
- Sponsor: Land O’Frost Inc., 10109 Columbia Ave, Munster, IN 46321.
Note: This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to Land O’Frost, Inc. and not to Facebook. The information you provide will be used in accordance with the privacy statement of Land O’Frost, Inc. Any questions you have regarding this Sweepstakes should be directed to Land O’Frost, Inc. and not to Facebook.